Brides Across Borders is an international nongovernmental organization formed to address the root causes of violence and hatred in the world. We are working to dissolve the imagined and imposed borders that separate us.
- Encouraging a cooperative spirit that builds understanding of our global community
- Supporting projects that lead to sustainable economic self-sufficiency
- Preserving ancient cultures and ancient species
- Teaching creative nonviolent methods of resolving conflict
- Promoting universal principles of human rights
- Facilitating cross-cultural exchanges, friendship tours, international conferences, and child sponsorship programs
- Initiating and supporting sustainable community development and capacity-building projects, educational initiatives, and viable economic alternatives
- Providing food and water security and access to health care in the communities in which we work.
- Raising awareness in the global North about the plight of those living in the global South, promoting simple living and global responsibility
- Promoting peaceful conflict resolution, universal protection of human rights, racial and gender equality, and international cooperation
- Ushering in the next generation of global citizens.